WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files that are stored on a computer, tablet, mobile phone, or on any other device used to surf the web, that can memorise user’s navigation data and user’s preferences.
From a general standpoint, cookies may be categorised according to the following criteria:
• depending on who installs them on the user’s terminal, whether it is the owner of the website the user is visiting (so-called “first party cookie“) or a different website, which installs cookies through the first site (so-called “third party cookie“);
• on the basis of their duration, in persistent cookies (meaning cookie that remain stored, even after the browser is closed and until a set deadline, on the user’s device) and in session cookies (meaning cookie that are not stored permanently, but are automatically deleted each time the browser is closed);
• based on the purpose of each cookie:
- Technical Cookies that are cookie allowing the website – which previously installed them – to remember, for example, the preferences expressed by the user while browsing or to make a purchase or to authenticate (also called “strictly necessary cookies”). Said cookies are necessary for the proper operation of the website or of the services enabled or requested by the user;
- Analytics and measurement cookies, which are used for statistical analysis on website access or visits and for statistical purposes and in order to measure its performance and thus improve usability. When associated with other information (such as username and password used to access reserved areas, if any) they can be used for marketing and profiling.
- Profiling cookie and targeting cookie allow the website that has installed them to monitor the user’s browsing, also for the purpose of sending advertising or offering services in line with the preferences expressed by the user while browsing the web and/or to assess the usefulness of advertising campaigns and content presented to the user. These cookies are generally placed by advertising networks with the site manager’s consent; they store information about site visits and share that data with other companies, including advertisers.
On website are often installed widgets that include all graphical components of a programme’s user interface, used to facilitate a user’s interaction with the programme. Examples of widgets are Facebook, Google+ and Twitter cookies.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
This Website use technical cookies, and, in particular:
- (first-party) browsing or session cookies needed for users to navigate and use the Website. Expiration is set at the end of the session;
- (first-party and third-party) analytic cookies, which are used for statistical analysis on site access or visits, and exclusively for statistical purposes. They collect aggregate information and cannot be used to identify any individual user.
In particular, the Website uses Google Analytics with anonymized IP (Google Inc.). This means that Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services, but Google does not have personal data as this integration of Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address. Analytic cookies expire in 1 years.
In addition, the Website may use Facebook plug-in or widget, allowing users to reach our Facebook page and vice versa as well as to follow us and “like” our social media page. The interaction and information obtained are always subject to the user’s privacy settings provided to the social network.
This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when users do not use it. It is recommended to log out from the respective social network in order to make sure that the processed data on this Website are not being connected back to the user’s profile.
For further information please refer to https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
HOW CAN I MANAGE COOKIES IN MY BROWSER?
Most browsers can be configured to accept, control, or disable cookies through the browser-setting window. This will give you control over your cookies.
However, if you disable cookies you may find this affects your browsing experience and your ability to use certain parts of our Website, applications or services, as the Website may not work properly and you may not be able to take advantage of all the features offered by our Website.
For instructions on blocking and deleting cookies, please refer to the privacy and help documentation of your specific browser. Here you may find how to manage the cookies in the major web browser:
The data controller is Salchi Metalcoat S.r.l., having registered offices in Viale dell’Industria 3a – 3b
20875 Burago di Molgora (MB) – Italy – contact email: email@example.com.
Amendments and updates will be communicated to the user through their publication on the home page of the Website and will be applicable and binding from the moment of their publication.
Salchi Metalcoat S.r.l. therefore invites users to periodically visit the present page for being informed of any change or update.
Last updated: 10/01/2022